How I Layer Skin Care Products

 This is a beginner friendly introduction to using treatments ok the skin. I’m no expert; I do research and find what works and doesn’t. 

First, wash, toner, moisturizer and sunscreen is the basic step to begin your skin care routine. Then you can take it up a notch with cleanse, toner(Thayers witch hazel rose petal toner) and exfoliating ( treatment toners eg Pixi glow tonic) and then follow with moisturizer and sunscreen.

My typical morning and night routines are:

1] Wash/cleanse


2] Use rose water toner for day time 

3] Apply AHA( Alpha Hydroxy Acid or Beta Hydroxy Acid (BHA) based toner eg Cosrx BHA toner which could be used either day or night. If I'm using any of The Ordinary serums, I use them at night only. That includes vitamin c serums too. 

The final step is a moisturizer; I use face oil when I use exfoliating toners and moisturizer during the day with sunscreen.

When I'm using niacinamide, it comes after step 2 in the morning and evening but I don't layer any thing else after that except moisturizer. If I have to use vitamin c, I don't use niacinamide at night.

So, for morning:

Wash

Hydrating Toner 

Niacinamide 

Face moisturizer


For night:

Wash

Hydrating Toner

Moisturizer

So far, I haven't changed these products but once I have the opportunity, I'll get back on retinol and other serums. 

Comments

Popular Posts