My Night and Day Skin Care Routine

 One of the best changes I've made to my skin care routine is getting a to do list app installed. This has made it easier to plan which products to use and which day. The alarm is also set a few minutes to the actual time I want to do the skin care therefore I'm able to use the right products.


The first is the morning routines. A big change has been learning about no using moisturizer if you have a sunscreen. It's the best piece of advice I've had since I started taking better care of my skin! Another change is using an SPF based face moisturizer in the morning which eliminates the need for two separate products. 

This means when I use a sunscreen, I can use my face moisturizer at night instead of day and when I use the SPF moisturizer, I don't have to worry about white caste and potentially using too many products on the skin. This leaves room to use more treatment products at night too. 


My Basic Morning Routine for now:

Alternate between the Cerave SA smoothing cleanser and the beauty formulas retinol cleanser. I prefer the SA cleanser for morning most often. 

After that, I follow with Advanced Clinicals vitamin C serum and then cerave AM moisturizer which has SPF in it. It's as simple as this. When I choose to use sunscreen these days, I got for Bondi Sands 




This has made the morning skin care much easier and faster. If I need to add any serums, it's going to be some couple of serums from The Ordinary that I haven't tried eg The argireline.


Night Skin Care Routine now:

1.Cleanse with retinol face wash or the Neutrogena 2 in 1 wash and mask. 

2. Then follow with The Ordinary Lactic acid (about twice a week to exfoliate) or 


1. Cleanse and apply hydrating toner. Follow with the Ordinary retinol 1% in squalene (2 times a week as anti aging serum) and follow with my face cream- The Ordinary NMF (natural moisturizing factors) 

Or

1. Cleanse and apply toner and apply the rose hip oil and The Ordinary NMF moisturizer or Difeel collagen brightening oil at night .

My skin has improved so much in the few days of this simple routine! 

Comments

Popular Posts