The Korean 7 Skin Method

 What's the 7 Skin Method? 

Korean skin care routines are quite popular for the reason that it focuses on hydration and anti aging . One of the techniques to achieve this is the 7 layers of hydrating toners also called 7 skins. In Korea, toners are usually referred to as ‘skins' hence the name 7 Skin Method. 

Personally, I probably do up to 4 or 5 at most yet I still get results. The method is easy:

1. Cleanse your skin

2. Pat in your hydrating toner. For the first round, you use a lot and as your progress, you reduce the quantity. By the 7th application, your skin will feel soft and supple which is the goal. 

I rotate these 3 toners for the 7 Skin Method and it's been great so far. These toners are more cost effective hydrating toners you can use and still get the best results so you don't need to worry about what brand it is.  



There are some high end toners with treatments such as the Klairs Supple preparation scented and unscented toners. These contain Beta-glucan( for redness, plump skin, soothing and calming the skin). I've tried both and I loved them. I'd definitely be repurchasing them. 





After the toners, I can follow with vitamin c if it's in the morning and then continue with hyaluronic acid and face cream. The cerave AM facial lotion has an spf 30 so it has a dual function of moisturizer and sunblock. 


If it's at night, I can continue with rosehip oil or retinol serum and then a normal face moisturizer. You don't need sunscreen at night. 

What's toru go to hydrating toner? 

Comments

Popular Posts