The Ordinary Matrixyl 10%

 The Ordinary Matrixyl 10%+HA caught my attention a few years ago but I was reluctant to try it because I was still learning about my skin. The Ordinary has a lot of serums targeted at fine lines and wrinkles and the matrixyl is one of such serums.


From Depology:

Matrixyl® 3000 is a peptide made up of two proteins, to put it simply. A peptide is a protein that serves as one of our cells' building components. Peptides are required for stimulating cell activity. It is a robust anti aging ingredient packed with Amino Acids, vital to the growth and maintenance of collagen. 

On the Deceim website:

Matrixyl 10% + HA offers an advanced formula that targets fine lines and wrinkles by promoting firmer, plumper skin. With two generations of MatrixylTM and hyaluronic acid, this lightweight serum improves the appearance of facial areas prone to fine lines by supporting your skin’s overall collagen production.

The Ordinary Matrixyl 10%+HA  Contains Matrixyl 3000 and Matrixyl Synthe'6, at a combined concentration of 10% by weight in a specialized Hyaluronic Acid delivery system.

Simply put, the hyaluronic acid helps the skin absorb the peptides. 


Here's how I Use Matrixyl:

✔️Cleanse with hydrating cleanser 

✔️Apply hydrating toner and let it dry

✔️Apply the The Ordinary matrixyl +HA and let it dry 

✔️Apply The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% +zinc 1%

✔️Follow up with face moisturizer  and call it a night. 

My goal is to use this serum about three times a week and alternate with retinol serum eventually. 

Because this contain hyaluronic acid like a lot of serums from The Ordinary, I don't bother to use hyaluronic acid. I may not even purchase hyaluronic acid because it's so common in a lot of the skin care products these days. 


Another serum that's been talked about is the Argeline and it's mostly paired with this Matrixyl for optimum results. I'll be using and sharing my thoughts about it soon. 

Comments

Popular Posts